As the holidays approach and the food-fest begins you may be bound to suffer some of the effects of too plentiful eating and not eating properly. Too many fatty foods, alcohol, sugary sweets, loads of white foods like bread, pasta, cakes, cookies etc. may cause you to suffer from some constipation. If you have ever suffered from constipation you know it is no laughing matter. Along with the constipation you may experience abdominal pain, cramping, gas and stomach bloat.
What are some causes for constipation?
- Lack of exercise
- Lack of hydration
- Lack of dietary fiber
- Some medical conditions like Crohn’s disease and IBS.
How do you know you are really constipated? If you are experiencing the most of the following – you are constipated:
- Pass less than three stools per week
- Stools are very hard
- During bowel movements you strain excessively
- Experience a sense of rectal blockage
- You feel like you have had an incomplete evacuation after having a bowel movement
- You experience having to use manual maneuvers to have a bowel movement, such as finger evacuation or manipulation of your lower abdomen
Generally simple changes in your diet and lifestyle will help alleviate symptoms and manage occasional Biotox gold constipation. You may want to consider one or more of the following:
- A high-fiber diet
- Regular exercise
- Drinking plenty of fluids like water or juice
- Take time for bowel movements – don’t rush your time on the toilet
One solution for treating your constipation and reducing belly bloat is to use a colon cleanser. Colon cleansing dates back to ancient Greece. In the 1920-1930’s colon cleansing was very popular in the USA and is now having a resurgence in popularity. One of the main principles behind colon cleansing is an ancient belief called the theory of autointoxication. This idea that undigested meat and other foods will buildup mucus in the colon. This buildup produces toxins which can potentially poison the body causing weight gain, headaches, fatigue and reduced energy.