Want to transform your body and get a flat belly? There are foods, five of them in fact, that are chock full of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs, pronounced MOO-fahs) that have long been credited with protecting you from chronic disease.
While these foods have been prized for centuries for their healthy properties, new research shows that these types of foods, can help you lose fat especially around your mid section if part of a sensible diet.
Trimming your middle not only improves your look, and the fit of your clothing; it can also have significant health benefits – reducing risks of heart disease for one. And while we’ve all seen the subcutaneous fat (outer fat) that makes it hard to get into your jeans, it’s the unseen visceral fat deep inside your body around internal organs, that is so dangerous.
Even small amounts of this type of fat can increase your heart disease risk, as well as upping your cholesterol and risk of high blood pressure.
Even if you aren’t following a diet, you can substitute one of these good-for-you-foods to what you’re eating today to give yourself some health benefits.
Substitute any of these five foods at every meal will help you manage dangerous belly fat… plus cut unnecessary Okinawa Flat belly tonic calories so that you are likely to lose both inches and pounds.
There are five categories of monounsaturated fatty acids, or MUFAs:
1) OILS: One tablespoon of canola oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, peanut oil, pesto sauce, safflower oil, sesame oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil or walnut oil can be used in cooking, as a dressing or addition to a dish, in a marinade or as a salad dressing.
2) NUTS AND SEEDS: Two tablespoons of almonds, almond butter, Brazil nuts, cashew butter, chunky natural peanut butter, dry-roasted cashews, dry-roasted peanuts, dry-roasted sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, roasted pumpkin seeds, smooth natural peanut butter, sunflower seeds, sunflower seed butter, tahini (sesame seed paste) or walnuts are delicious as snacks, or as additions to a salad, as a topping for meats or to add body to soups and sauces.
3) AVOCADO: One quarter cup Florida or Hass avocadoes can be sliced and served with a salad or entrée, or made into a dip that is delicious with chips.
4) OLIVES: Ten large black or green olives or two tablespoons of tapenade can be served as a snack, sprinkled on pizza, salad or pasta, spread on crackers or sandwiches – even used as stuffing for chicken or fish fillets.
5) CHOCOLATE: One quarter cup of dark chocolate chips, shavings or chunks can be a part of any sweet treat you love. However you must aim for a high percentage of cocoa for the most benefits – try 85%.
To get the best benefit from these foods, just replace one or more of the foods with a less healthy option that is already part of your diet, and it could help you move closer to your dream and get a flat belly over time.